Thank you Idahoan® Steakhouse® Soups for sponsoring this post. Stay warm with this winter with a cozy bowl of soup!
Warm up this season with a hot bowl of delicious and easy to make Loaded Potato Idahoan® Steakhouse® Soup and some warm Garlic Cheese Biscuit.
With all of the baking going on this time of year, the thought of making dinner and more dishes is sometimes too much. I tend to opt for the easier meals that do not require a ton of time or effort but are still filling. My kids absolutely love to eat soup, so this is a very common meal for us during the wintertime.
Idahoan Steakhouse® Soups give you the flavorful, slow-cooked taste of restaurant-quality soup at home, in just five minutes. These Soups bring together real, red Idaho® potatoes with flavorful seasonings and rich cheeses to provide a creamy taste in every spoonful – all you have to do is add water. Seriously, it is like the perfect quick and easy meal!
Idahoan Steakhouse® Soups are available in four delicious flavor varieties: Loaded Potato, Creamy Potato, Cheddar Broccoli and Cheddar Potato. Each are equally delicious, but our favorite is the Loaded Potato. I usually add a a few bowls of different toppings to the table so that everyone can customize their bowls. It is a quite popular meal that gets devoured every time!
Since my husband is Swiss, he has to have some sort of bread with almost every meal. Every time I serve soup, I also serve these Garlic Cheese Biscuits. They literally only take less than 10 minutes to make and the warm oven heat is a welcomed addition to a chilly San Diego evening. I know, I know, but but anything less than 65 degrees is near freezing to us Southern Californians!
So if you are looking for a completely satisfying meal to warm you up, try a bag of Idahoan Steakhouse® Soups and a batch of Garlic Cheese Biscuits. It’s the perfect lunch or dinner. Enjoy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter divided
- 1 cup buttermilk or milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or foil.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in the microwave.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, garlic powder, and salt.
- Pour in 1/2 cup melted butter and buttermilk (or milk), stir to combine.
- Stir in cheddar cheese.
- Spoon onto an baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter, then stir in dried parsley.
- After removing biscuits from oven, brush with melted butter/parsley mixture.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.