After you bite into one of these mouthwatering Cheddar Chive Waffle Sandwiches, you'll never look at waffles the same again! This post has been sponsored by Krusteaz, however all opinions are 100% my own.
If it were up to me, breakfast foods would be served twice a day: in the morning during breakfast and in the evening during dinner. Especially in the evening because I think breakfast tastes even better during dinnertime.
I think a lot of people would be just fine with that! In this breakfast-twice-a-day setup, some people would go for sweet breakfast foods (Belgian waffles drowning in butter and maple syrup, for example) and some would go for a sweet-savory combo like these Cheddar Chive Waffle Sandwiches.
I whipped up a batch of Cheddar Chive Waffle Sandwiches one night when everyone thought breakfast for dinner sounded like a good idea. (I didn't need any convincing because my favorite time to eat breakfast is at dinnertime!)
We always have a few packages of Krusteaz Belgian Supreme Waffle Mix on hand, so of course I used that to create the perfect Belgian waffle sandwich "bread." It's hands down the best Belgian waffle mix out there! I then stuffed the waffle sandwiches with ingredients like:
- Sharp cheddar cheese
Breakfast twice a day sounds better by the second, doesn't it?
Why You'll Love Eating Cheddar Chive Waffle Sandwiches
- Most importantly, you're eating a waffle sandwich. Waffle + sandwich ingredients = pure bliss!
- They're full of protein for staying power. The Krusteaz website talks about how to best "dinnerize breakfast." One of their suggestions is to add a protein, and these waffle sandwiches definitely pack in plenty of protein thanks to the cheddar cheese, eggs, and bacon.
- They'll serve as inspiration for future waffle sandwiches. After a bite or two of this waffle sandwich, you'll probably start dreaming up your own waffle sandwich combinations. The possibilities are endless!
If you're looking for a wonderful breakfast-for-dinner option, you've definitely found one in these Cheddar Chive Waffle Sandwiches. Make sure to pick up a box of Krusteaz Belgian Supreme Waffle Mix to ensure the best waffle sandwich flavor! (You could also pick up a second box and make a batch of Gingerbread Waffles-with Coconut Syrup...)
These incredible waffle sandwiches are easy to make and full of flavor!
- 3 cups Krusteaz Belgian Waffle Mix
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs cooked to your preference
- ¼ pound bacon cooked
- ½ an avocado finely sliced
- 2 lettuce leafs
Preheat waffle iron, lightly grease. In a medium bowl, whisk waffle mix, eggs, oil, and water. Stir in chives, pepper, and cheddar cheese.
For the rest of the instructions, head over to the Krusteaz Blog