Thank you McCormick for sponsoring this post. Visit your local Wal-Mart to pick up McCormick Good Morning Breakfast for your family!
This Slow Cooker French Toast is what Mom dreams are made of. Simply throw the ingredients in the crockpot and set it. No more standing over the stove frying each individual piece! Guests still in the house after the holidays? Treat them to a tasty breakfast made in your slow cooker. That’s right, the slow cooker. From egg casseroles to French toast, new McCormick Good Morning Recipe Mixes make it easier than ever to create weekend-worthy brunch staples.
Mornings are hectic in our home. With three kids and a husband to get out of the house by 7 am, there is not much time to make a gourmet breakfast. That is until I discovered this Slow Cooker French Toast, and slow cooker breakfast meals in general. Up until now, I only pulled out the crock pot for dinners. Now, we have delicious meals, with little effort, morning and night!
Slow cookers are a great way to put easy and convenient meals together for the family. This new breakfast cooking revelation came to me after finding Good Morning Slow Cooker breakfast seasoning mixes. They add fresh and rich flavor to any egg casserole or French toast. They even have a delicious Peaches & Cream Oatmeal packet that I used in this french toast recipe. With fresh raspberries and a simple Creme Anglaise, our Sunday Morning Brunch was fork licking delicious.
Let the Slow Cooker do The Work: Ease into the morning routine with a breakfast that cooks in the slow cooker. Featuring simple recipes on the package – for everything from egg casseroles to French toast – these seasoning mixes make for warm, hearty breakfast or brunch the whole family can enjoy together. And, they’re gluten free with no artificial colors or MSG.
The next time you are at Walmart, pick up a couple of the McCormick Good Morning Slow Cooker breakfast seasoning mixes. They really take your breakfast to the next level! Enjoy!
- 1 loaf french bread cut into small 1 inch chunks
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 package McCormick Good Morning Slow Cooker Seasoning Mix Peaches & Cream Baked Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Spray 6-quart slow cooker with non stick cooking spray.
- Toss bread and raspberries in slow cooker.
- Mix eggs, milk, Seasoning Mix and sugar in a large bowl until well blended.
- Pour wet mixture over bread, toss to coat.
- Set slow cooker to high and cook for 1.5-2 hours or until the top of the french toast no longer looks wet.
- Combine milk and cream in a medium sized heavy pot.
- Bring milk mixture to simmer.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar in separate bowl until pale.
- Gradually whisk small amounts of the hot milk mixture into yolk mixture.
- Return custard to saucepan. Stir over low heat until custard thickens and coats the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Strain sauce into bowl, if needed.
- Cover and chill.
- Creme Anglaise can be made up to one day in advance.
- Serve french toast with a drizzle of the creme.