This post has been sponsored by Pillsbury, however all opinions are my own. #ItsBakingSeason
With the holidays just around the corner, we begin to focus on the “big” meal. You spend days preparing leading up to Thanksgiving and Christmas, wake up early to put the bird in, and continue to prepare for the rest of the day. Then, when noon hits, you realize you have not eaten and your kids have been munching on pie and leftover Halloween candy all morning. They really know when to take advantage of your (or just my) selective hearing!
This year I vow to be more prepared. So much so, that I am testing out recipes in mid October. I want to be fully prepared for Thanksgiving, and I want to sit down with my kids and husband and have a special breakfast. It will be the only meal that day that it will be just us, and I think it is very important for us to talk about what we are grateful for as a family.
With the stove and oven pretty much occupied from post coffee and on, I need a recipe that is festive, delicious, and most importantly easy. That’s where this Pumpkin Cream Cheese Crescent Bread comes into play. Out of all the recipes we tested, this was our family favorite.
Starting with Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, I rolled out the dough. I then spread a delicious concoction of pumpkin puree, cream cheese, sugar, egg, and spices, and rolled the dough. Using a sharp knife, I cut the roll down the center exposing the layers. I twisted them together then wrapped them into a snail like shape, sprinkled it with cinnamon and sugar, then baked it to perfection.
While I feel that this bread would have been absolutely perfect without a glaze drizzle, it was even better with one! Add some walnuts for crunch and you have the perfect semi-homemade fall breakfast!
Pillsbury Crescent Rolls are on regular rotation here in our home. They are great for a quick and easy breakfast, and perfect for experimenting with the eager to cook kids without all of the mess. This past summer we made raspberry danishes weekly using this rolls. We can’t wait to test more recipes using fall flavors and produce! For more fun ideas and recipes go here. Enjoy!
- 2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup cream cheese , room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- Cinnamon and Sugar for sprinkling before baking
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together pumpkin, cream cheese, egg, spices, and sugar until smooth.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out Crescent Rolls, rolling gently over holes with a rolling pin.
- Spread filling over dough.
- Starting with the longest side, roll dough pinching together the edge at the end.
- Slice roll in half and turn to expose the layers.
- Carefully twist pieces together (like a braid but without the third piece) then roll into a snail like shape.
- Place dough onto cookie sheet and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the bread is golden.
- To make the glaze, whisk powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour over bread and serve warm or at room temperature.