The Seaside Baker has teamed up with Dandy to bring you a healthy Halloween treat.
Can you believe that it is almost Halloween? I can’t! Time has seriously flown by. Between class parties and Trick-or-treating, I know that my children will be spending most of Halloween in a sugar rush. This is why I absolutely insist on healthy snacks and a healthy meal before going out. These will be the perfect, festive appetizer on Halloween!
I took these Monster Pickled Radish Crostinis to a Halloween party and the kids and adults loved them. It was extremely easy to pickle the radishes and they took only about 30 minutes from start to finish, with most of that being time for the brine coming to room temperature! Make these ahead of time and throw them in the fridge. They will stay fresh for about a week…if they last that long! I am very excited to be serving them with Raclette (traditional Swiss Cheese Meal) for my husband’s birthday next week.
They also have these pre-washed and ready to eat radishes that are perfect for lunches, because lets face it, the last thing you have time for in the morning is washing and chopping veggies (well at least I don’t). The also have a line of Fresh Cut celery sticks that are perfect to snack on. Again, no preparation required. Just take from the bag and get a snakin!
I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Halloween!
- 2 cups Dandy Radishes , sliced finely
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 10 dill sprigs or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 loaf french bread , sliced and toasted
- 2 avocados mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small lime
- Green cocktail olives
- Fresh Dill
- Begin by slices radishes finely and tossing with peppercorns, red pepper flakes, and dill.
- Place the radishes and spices into a jar.
- In a small pot, bring vinegar, water, sugar and salt to a boil.
- Once boiling, carefully pour liquid into the jar over the radishes.
- Cover and bring to room temperature.
- Once at room temperature store in the refrigerator.
- Mash avocado and add salt, pepper, and lime juice.
- Place avocado mixture onto bread and top with two radish slices.
- Thinly dice cocktail olives and place for "eyeballs" on to the radish slices.
- Add small dill sprigs for monster eye balls.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
This is a sponsored post however all opinions are my own.