Do you ever eat something and it immediately brings back memories of someone? I do, many in fact. Pesto Rosso brings back memories of a dear friend that moved away a few years ago.
She was a fabulous cook and we had many late evenings involving too much wine, a delicious meal and a mountain of dishes. Good times were had for sure. One of our favorite meals was Pesto Rosso, mainly because the kids loved it too!
Made with sun fired tomatoes, this pesto is delicious on pasta, chicken, slathered on bread or anyway you can possibly think. Because we I always have an open can of chipotle peppers in my fridge, I added it to this pesto for a bit of a kick but this is completely optional.
Stay tuned tomorrow for a FABULOUS recipe using Pesto Rosso!
- 1 (8.5-ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (packed) fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- In a food processor combine all ingredients including the oil from the jar of sun dried tomatoes.
- Process on high until mixture is smooth.
- Serve over pasta, grilled vegetables, flat bread or anything your heart desires.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.