This week I’m partnering with friends to support this wonderful cause, Alex’s Lemonade Stand. If you’re in San Diego, it’s here:
Saturday July 26: 10:00-6:00 pm
3366 Adams Avenue, 92116 at the Masonic Parking Lot
FM 94.9 Live Broadcast from 10a-6p
Bands, lemonade, silent auction, kids’ activities, and more!
This lemonade stand is the biggest fundraiser in California and one of the top ten Alex’s Lemonade Stands in the country. Since its inception, Alex’s Lemonade Stand has raised over $80 million for childhood cancer, and has funded more than 450 research projects at 94 institutions. They also help families struggling with childhood cancer through a Travel Fund and an annual Educational Symposium.
If you can’t attend, click here to donate. Your donation of $50 funds one hour of research. Let’s help the Miller Tribe reach their goal of $15,000 this year, getting them to $100,000 for the nine years they’ve been running.
I’m helping out by participating in the San Diego Food Bloggers Lemonade Online Challenge, sponsored by Melissa’s Produce
More than a dozen San Diego Food Bloggers will be cooking with lemons in support of Alex’s Lemonade Stand. Check out their lemony recipes online between July 21-28, and make a donation to the Stand through links on their blogs. All their recipes will be linked to this post too!
A Purpose Driven Wife
Confessions of a Foodie
Deleting the Adjectives
Golden State Mom
Making It Sweet
The H Blog
The Seaside Baker
This Tasty Life
Three Dog Kitchen
These passion fruit lemon bars scream tropical and take me back to Hawaii now! They are a delicious twist on a classic! Use frozen passion fruit puree or fresh puree, either way they come delicious!
Check out some of the other blogger’s creations!
- 16 tablespoons or 2 sticks butter , softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 beaten eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup passion fruit puree
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13in pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Next, combine butter, flour, powdered sugar and salt in a bowl until dough resembles small pea sized pieces.
- Pat dough into bottom of the pan evenly.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven, then start to prepare filling while crust is cooling.
- For the filling blend eggs, sugar, flour, lemon juice, passion fruit puree and lemon peel until combined. Note it will be lumpy, but will smooth out during baking.
- Pour filling over crust.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the sides begin to loosen from the pan.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Right before serving, cut into bars and sift with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.