A simple yet delicious meal, this restaurant quality Lemon Garlic Seared Salmon will be perfect for impromptu dinner parties or last minute meals. Pair it with a nice cold glass of Cavit Pinot Grigio and your night will be perfect!
Did you know that Friday May 26th is National Pinot Grigio Day? This is one food/drink holiday that I can completely stand behind. With the summer months upon us, I crave a nice chilled glass of dry wine more than anything.
Cavit first introduced Pinot Grigio into the United States back in 1977. With a balanced character, bright straw gold color, appealing aroma and fruit flavor, it pairs beautifully with cheese, chicken or turkey, and seafood. It also is the perfect companion to sorbet and key lime pie.
After an unexpected visit from my friends, quickly turned into dinner and wine, I scrambled to come up with a simple, fresh dish to serve everyone. Thankfully, I had a bottle of Cavit being chilled and a slab of fresh salmon in the fridge. Within 30 minutes we were enjoying the sunset on the back deck, eating a delicious meal, and drinking fabulous wine. It’s really simple nights like these that make for lasting memories and solid friendships.
So I urge you to celebrate National Pinot Grigio Day. Get your friends and family together and enjoy a glass and meal outside. Relax and take advantage of the beautiful weather and the simplicity of life! Follow Cavit on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest for more pairing ideas. Enjoy!
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons butter , unsalted
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or half and half
- 4 (6 oz) skinless salmon fillets (about 1-inch thick)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley , minced
- In a small saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute until lightly golden brown.
- Pour in chicken broth and lemon juice and allow sauce to simmer for about 4 minutes.
- Stir in cream and set sauce aside.
- Season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once oil is hot, add salmon and cook about 3 minutes on each side.
- Pour cream sauce over salmon and let cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh minced parsley.
This post has been sponsored by Cavit Wine and Honest Cooking. All opinions are 100% my own.