This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
I am pretty sure that there is nothing better on a hot summer day than a cold Heineken, juicy burger, and being surrounded by friends. We finally have a great backyard and have been taking full advantage by entertaining the most we can. Since our home is pretty small, summer time is the best time to really rekindle our relationships and invite people over to hang out outside.
While my husband very jokingly tries to tell everyone that he is the king of the grill, they all know that that is my domain. After a few years of burning things to a crisp, I have finally mastered the art of grilling. So much so that I actually usually have the smoker and the gas grill going at the same time making different things.
I love coming up with new exciting ways to transform the traditional grill. Last weekend discovery was deemed the “Best Yet” burger by our friends. This Jalapeño Popper burger was stuffed with typical popper mixins- diced jalapeños, chopped bacon, and cream cheese, and topped with habanero sliced cheese. It was perfectly juicy and just spicy enough to need to be followed by a cold gulp of Heineken.
Heineken is our beer of choice when entertaining friends. It is a light lager with a smooth nicely blended bitterness and clean finish. It is very popular with our friends and we usually finish the 12 pack in no time!
To make the burgers I mixed together all of the jalapeño popper ingredients.
I then mixed together the meat ingredients including spices, bread crumbs, and eggs.
After that, I made large thin patties and put about 1-2 tablespoons of filling in the center.
Each patty was then topped with another patty and formed into a large thick burger.
I put the uncooked burgers onto my heated grill and cooked until they were no longer pink inside. Right before taking them off, I layered them with Habanero sliced cheese.
Finally, to absorb some of the spiciness, I assembled the burgers with a large scoop of freshly made guacamole, because why not!? It is summer after all!
So, if you are planning on hosting a summer backyard BBQ, I highly suggest making these burgers and serving them with a cold Heineken. Your guests will leave with a big fat smile on their face and a full belly….which is the point of every party right?!? Before you head out to the store for your beer and ingredients, make sure to pick up your mobile rebate here! Enjoy!
- 3 jalapeño peppers , seeded and finely diced
- 6 bacon strips , cooked and crumbled
- 1 package cream cheese , room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 4 buns
- 4 slices of cheese (I like the habanero blended cheese)
- Fresh guacamole
- Sliced onion
- Sliced Tomatoes
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, diced jalapeños, and crumbled bacon.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, spices, bread crumbs, and eggs.
- Shape into eight thin patties.
- Spoon jalapeño mixture onto center of four patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
- Preheat your grill to a medium high heat and cook burgers until no longer pink inside and the juices run clear, flipping occasionally to ensure both sides cook evenly.
- Top with cheese. Cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until pepper Jack cheese is melted.
- Assemble burgers with buns, lettuce, tomato, onions, and a large heap of guacamole.
- Serve immediately.