This is a fun twist on a classic salad! Being Italian, I tend to “Italianize” everything! Nothing is complete without onions and garlic.
Since it is almost bikini (which I will not be wearing this year) and vacation season, my “Italianizing” will now only be for salads. I have to fully resist the urge to add mascarpone and mozzarella to everything from sweet to savory!
This salad is easy to put together and full of flavor and texture. Make it for lunch or your next gathering!
- 2 heads romain lettuce , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 canned roasted bell peppers
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoncini
- 1/2 cup sliced salami
- 1/2 cup sliced prosciutto
- 1/2 cup green or black olives
- 2 hard boiled eggs , sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- Italian flat leaf parsley for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic , grated
- 3 tablespoons greek yogurt (or mayonnaise)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra light olive oil
Arrange chopped lettuce in a shallow bowl.
Arrange the pine nuts, parmesan cheese, bell peppers, pepperoncini, salami, prosciutto, black olive, sliced eggs, artichoke hearts, and cherry tomatoes decoratively over the greens and garnish the salad with the chopped flat leaf parsley.
Cover and refrigerate until serving.
To prepare the dressing combine garlic, greek yogurt (or mayonnaise), dijon, honey, salt and pepper, italian seasoning, balsamic and oil in a jar with a lid.
Cover jar with lid and shake for a good 2-3 minutes.
If not serving immediately, refrigerate and shake again before pouring over salad.