If any of you follow me on Instagram then you would know that I blame my 3 year son 100% for the California drought. No matter how many times I bathe him (on most days it is at least 3), he is always covered in dirt. He is pure boy.
I know that this is a sign of childhood and a happy healthy kid. However when we are out and about, I prefer to have a semi clean child. In order to not have to cart around a gallon sized bucket of water, a towel, and a bar of soap, I carry these super wipes. Wet-Nap® Antibacterial Hand Wipes are perfect for sticky, muddy, dirty hands. These also come in Hands, Face, and Body Cleansing Wipes that are perfect to carry in your purse, car, or just about anywhere else your toddler is. We just stocked up at Walmart for an upcoming road trip!
The wipes come particularly handy when making and eating homemade drumsticks. Things can get a little dirty when tiny hands are helping. Even the dog got in on the ice cream action and had to be wiped down!
Homemade Drumsticks are so much fun to make and customize. We opted for the classic vanilla ice cream, but went crazy with toppings and fillings. The kids of course wanted sprinkles (who can blame them), the pre-teen opted for Oreos, and we went the classic route with chopped peanuts.
Between filling the cones, dipping in chocolate, and eating the drumsticks, we almost went through an entire canister! It was certainly a delicious mess and well worth it!
Visit Walmart for all your Wet-Nap® needs: 110-Count Hands, Face, & Body Cleansing Wipes, 24-Count Packettes Antibacterial Hand Wipes and 40-Count Canister Antibacterial Hand Wipes! Make sure to also print the coupon before heading to the store, because if you have kids like mine you will need plenty of cleansing wipes!
- 12 sugar ice cream cones
- 1 gallon of ice cream
- Fillings such as fudge or caramel sauce (optional)
- 1 block of melting chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or vegetable shortening
- Toppings such as sprinkles , chopped peanuts, or crushed Oreos (optional)
- Remove your ice cream from the freezer and allow to soften for about 10 minutes.
- Once ice cream is soft, place a half of scoop into the cone.
- Insert the handle of a spoon in the center of the ice cream until about half way, then remove spoon.
- Drizzle in fudge or caramel sauce into the hole.
- Top cone with a large scoop and place in the freezer to harden for about an hour.
- Before you remove the cones, place chocolate park in a large microwave safe cup or deep bowl.
- Add coconut oil or shortening, and heat chocolate for 1 minute.
- While chocolate is melting, prepare your toppings.
- Remove chocolate from the microwave and stir until smooth.
- Remove cones from the freezer and dip ice cream tops into the chocolate the immediately sprinkle on the toppings.
- Place in freezer for at least 10 minutes before enjoying.
- Place in a large ziplock bag in the freezer if not going to eat immediately.
- Will stay fresh for 3 weeks frozen.