This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpringIntoFlavor #CollectiveBias
Sometimes I find myself baking and cooking all day for the blog, yet when dinner time rolls around, I am clueless as what to make. I attribute most of that to fatigue and laziness at the end of the day. That is why I like to have quality natural ingredients in my freezer to spark my imagination! The two things that I always have stocked in my freezer-Alexia Fries and hamburger patties.
We love Alexia Fries in general, however the new Rosemary and Sea Salt Fries have sparked my imagination more than once! Burgers are my go to “I’m too tired to cook” meal. However they can get boring. When I first saw these fries, I knew a Gourmet French Burger was in order.
These burgers have a multitude of flavor layers. From the rich dijon mustard to the home aioli and creamy goat cheese, your mouth will be one happy camper. All of that combined with a freshly grilled Brioche Bun, sautéed mushrooms, crisp arugula, and delicious Rosemary and Sea Salt Fries, this gourmet burger will be the best part of your day. Actually I take that back, the fact that you can have this burger at home in under 30 minutes may be the best part of your day!
What is nice about Alexia brand is that their products are all natural, simple, and delicious. I generally buy the sweet potato fries, but opted to try these out this time. Like other Alexia products found at Walmart, they crisp up perfectly when baked and are delicious!
Aioli sauce is another condiment that my husband used to enjoy daily growing up in Switzerland. Since having moved back to the States, I have learned to make it at home. It is essentially a garlic mayonnaise. Now, if you do not have time to make it yourself, or have an aversion to eating raw eggs, simply add four gloves of crushed garlic and the juice of 1/2 of a lemon to 1 cup of mayonnaise. Stir together and presto you have a delicious spread in half the time! We also love dipping our fries into it!
So, what are your go to quick weeknight meals?
- 4 cloves of garlic , finely diced
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 and 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 frozen angus hamburger patties
- salt and pepper
- 6 brioche or kaiser rolls
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- Alexia Rosemary Sea Salt Fries
- Using your blender or immersion blender, add garlic, egg yolks, lemon juice, and vinegar. Blend until smooth.
- In a very slow stream add your olive oil while blending simultaneously. Blend until smooth and pale.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper and mix.
- In a small sauce pan, heat oil o medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until brown on each side, about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Grill burgers to your desired doneness.
- Assemble burgers by spreading Aioli sauce on buns and stacking the hamburger patties, goat cheese, grilled mushrooms, arugula, and hot fries.
- Enjoy immediately!