“This post is sponsored by General Mills, and all opinions are my own.”
Boots, sweaters, and warm food are about to be back in our lives! Raise your hand if you’re getting excited for the cool, crisp fall and winter air! As much fun as it is to bundle up, the colder weather can make everyday chores like running errands a bit more challenging.
When you’ve finally gotten your car to the right temperature, it’s tough to get out, walk all the way across the parking lot and pick up that cold-weather approved weeknight dinner, like a hearty Progresso Soup.
Lucky for you, Walmart has Online Grocery Pickup just for days like that! It’s as easy as 1-2-3 to order Progresso and everything else on your grocery list on Walmart.com and pick it up at the store the next day — without ever getting out of your car!
If you want to make easy weeknight dinners just that much easier, this Progresso recipe is definitely for you.
I do love a nice comforting bowl of soup on a chilly night. But there’s nothing better this time of year than cooking up hearty and delicious casseroles. One of the all-time favorites in my house is Broccoli Rice Casserole, which gets its rich creamy base from Progresso Broccoli Cheese soup.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE EASY BROCCOLI RICE CASSEROLE
- Use up those leftovers: Rice from yesterday’s dinner or the extra steamed broccoli from today’s lunch are ideal for using in this recipe. Feel good about reducing waste and saving money while you cook up a super tasty dish.
- Serve as a side dish or an entrée: Broccoli Rice Casserole is a fantastic side for most any entrée, but it can also be served as the main event. Just add shredded chicken, sausage or cooked ground turkey right into the casserole for a delicious one-pan dinner.
- Make-ahead ease: You can double this recipe and cook one for dinner tonight and stash the other in the freezer to thaw and bake later. The perfect way to get ahead for entertaining and for those busy weeknights during the holiday season.
I’m all about making my life as hassle free as possible during the holidays, so I’m going to be using my Walmart.com grocery list for all my meal planning and preparation. I’ve already added all the ingredients for my next Broccoli Rice Casserole to it!
How To Make Broccoli Rice Casserole — Video Tutorial
Watch this video tutorial to learn just how easy it is to make this Broccoli Rice Casserole:
More Recipes Like Easy Broccoli Rice Casserole
If you like this recipe for Easy Broccoli Rice Casserole, you'll also want to check out my easy Chicken Pot Pie (also starring Progresso Soup), Broccoli Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoes and these cheesy delicious Gruyere Scalloped Potatoes.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium sized onion diced
- 16 ounces mushrooms sliced
- ½ cup canned water chestnuts sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets previously steamed
- 1 14- ounce can Progresso Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 ½ cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x13 inch casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large frying pan set over medium high heat, melt the butter.
Add the onions and mushrooms and sauté until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms are tender, about 4-5 minutes.
Stir in the water chestnuts and broccoli florets.
Add the Progresso Broccoli Cheddar Soup, salt, and pepper; stir.
Toss the cooked rice into the pan until all rice is incorporated into the mixture.
Pour mixture into the prepared casserole dish and top with shredded cheese.
Bake casserole until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 20-25 minutes.