Elevate your favorite pie with cinnamon! This Cinnamon Banana Cream Pie has fresh bananas, a cinnamon custard, caramel, and a graham cracker crust!
I always try to accommodate my guests dietary restrictions. I feel that if I invite someone over, it is my responsibly to make sure that they can eat everything I serve. I would be horrified if I knew that someone left my house hungry or un satisfied and take great pride in knowing that most of my guests leave my dinner table feeling uncomfortably full. It means that my food was good, and they had to have seconds.
A couple of years ago my brother started dating someone that had celiac disease. It was a pretty big adjustment, especially during the holidays, but we adjusted. Now, all of our holiday spread is gluten free and still delicious. Luckily now, there are a number of products that are available that are Gluten Free, but are easy to cook and bake with.
MI-DEL Pie Crusts are one of my favorite GF products. MI-DEL Pie Crusts have a short ingredient list made of ingredients you can pronounce and are the ONLY comprehensive, Allergen Safe, Non-GMO Verified, Shelf-Stable Graham-style pie crust offering in the marketplace. They are incredibly delicious because their crust is 30 grams thicker than other brands, meaning more taste and flavor in each bite. So whether or not you or your family has allergies or a gluten sensitivity, MI-DEL Pie Crusts are perfect for pie-making all year long.
We have made this Cinnamon Banana Cream Pie 3 times in the last 4 weeks because it is absolutely delicious. No one can even tell that it is gluten free, making it perfect for any crowd! The base of the pie is a creamy homemade cinnamon custard and it is layered with fresh bananas, salted caramel, freshly whipped cream, and walnuts. Paired with the thick MI-DEL graham cracker crust, it is a bite made in heaven.
So whether you are serving this for a holiday dessert, or pinning it for a spring/summer dessert, this recipe is a must make. The sooner, the better. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 MI-DEL Graham Cracker Crust
- 3 large bananas
- 1 batch Cinnamon Pudding
- Salted Caramel
- Whipped Cream
- In a heavy bottomed pot add cornstarch, sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Very slowly add milk, mixing with a whisk vigorously to avoid cornstarch clumping.
- Begin heating on a medium low heat.
- Stir constantly until mixture has thickened, about 5 minutes, add vanilla.
- Remove from heat and pour into a large bowl.
- Place plastic covering directly on top of the pudding to avoid pudding skin to form.
- Pudding will thicken considerably while cooling.
- Chill until ready to use.
- Combine all caramel ingredients, except the salt, in a small pot on medium heat.
- Stirring regularly, bring mixture to a boil.
- Boil for 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes then transfer to an 8 oz glass jar.
- If not using the same day, store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Place a layer of sliced bananas on the bottom of the crust.
- Drizzle with salted caramel.
- Add a layer of pudding.
- Repeat until filling fills the crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- Once ready to serve, top with whipped cream, walnuts, and a caramel drizzle.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.