MMMMM how we love our carne asada in this house! Considering I live in Southern California, a good Mexican Market is on every corner. We frequent these markets for our favorite grilling items, and have spicy Mexican meals weekly.
But, as with the In-N-Out burger, if and when we leave California I fear we will no longer have our delicious favorites. So, what does that mean? I need to learn to make them perfectly at home!
I can now officially check carne asada off my list. This marinade results in a flavorful tender piece of meat and made for the most delicious tacos! Make sure you also load up on some Pico de gallo and guacamole, because no carne asada would be complete with out it! Make sure to serve these tacos with out delicious Mexican Street Corn. Happy grilling!
- 5 pounds Flank Steak
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tbsp peeled fresh garlic - crushed
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp Mexican oregano
- 1/2 cup cilantro , chopped
- 15 corn tortillas
- Mix all ingredients in a large class bowl.
- Add meat and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Fire up your grill to very very hot.
- Add meat, discard marinade and grill until cooked.
- Once done, slice meat and serve on hot (grilled) tortillas.
- Crack open a ice cold bottle of Corona and enjoy!