This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MingleNMix #CollectiveBias
After Family time and Christmas cookies, refreshing holiday cocktails are one of my top favorite things about the holidays. Considering my husband won’t let me turn on the heat, this is also one of the only things that warms me up too 🙂 just kidding. I absolutely love sitting next to the Christmas tree with my husband or friends after the kids have gone to bed, sipping on a delicious cocktail.
The warm winter flavors are lightened up with tart cranberry juices and fresh minute, making this cocktail pleasantly delicious to drink. This is the perfect cocktail for casual sipping or ringing in the New Year!
Let me tell you a little secret about me. I despise tonic water. I think it has something to do with the year that I spent as an exchange student. My host parents were determined to get me to like sparking water and served it with absolutely every meal. Needless to say, I haven’t touched it since. When I want to add some bubbly to my cocktails, I always use Canada Dry Ginger Ale® or 7UP®. I love that they add a slight sweetness to the cocktails, which is much needed when combined with bourbon!
If you want to add some extra flavor, head to Walmart to pick up some special Canada Dry Ginger Ale® with holiday varieties including cranberry, green tea, mandarine orange, etc.; 7UP® varieties including pomegranate, mixed berry, etc.
In conclusion, after you have slaved in the kitchen baking cookies all day, make this cocktail and enjoy the rest of the holidays. You deserve it! So, tell me, what is your favorite holiday cocktail! Let me know in the comments below!
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 sprigs of mint
- BourbonCanada Dry Ginger Ale® or 7UP®
- Mint , orange slices, and fresh cranberries for garnish
- In a small pot combine Cranberry Simple Syrup ingredients.
- Cook on low until cranberries have popped (about 7-10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and strain, reserving the liquid to make the cocktail.
- Chill until ready to use (up to 1 week).
- To make the cocktails, add ice, a shot of bourbon, and 2 tablespoons cranberry simple syrup. Mix well.
- Top cocktail off with Canada Dry Ginger Ale® or 7UP® and stir.
- Garnish with fresh mint, orange slice, and fresh cranberries.
- To make the mocktail, omit the Bourbon and proceed with the directions.