This past week the kids and I went apple and pear picking and Apple Star Organic Farms. They were so knowledgeable and passionate about their trees. Before we started picking the farmer and his wife took the time to explain the different varieties and what was ripe and not. What I loved about this farm was that every row of trees was labeled with their fruit name and description.
I was a little worried while picking the fruit because I could see lightning in my peripheral vision. Being under an apple tree during a thunderstorm is probably not the safest place to be. Well we managed to not get struck by lightning and picked about 40 pounds of apples and pears!
I have a ton of apple and pear recipes coming up on the blog. Is there anything in particular you would like to see? If so, let me know in the comment section!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter , softened
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 medium sized apples , peeled and chopped
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 muffin/cupcake pans with liners.
- In a bowl blend sugar and butter.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly each time.
- Add vanilla and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly mix flour mixture into butter/sugar mixture.
- After flour has been combined, gently stir in greek yogurt and diced apples.
- In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Spoon batter into muffin liners 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 17 minutes, or until a knife is inserted and when removed is clean.