Did you know that burnt (and I mean charred) items whiten your teeth? Well, at least that was my excuse following the first year I received my grill. I burnt everything! It was quite the joke in my house.
Wanna know what is even funnier? We have totally acquired a taste for burnt things. My husband loves his carne asada charred now!! Me, I love love love charred marshmallows. If fact, when I am roasting a marshmallow, I let it catch fire, blow it out, eat the burnt layer and then re-burn the next layer! Good times!
S’mores are such a fun summer time treat! The only problem is that they are extremely messy, but I guess that is part of the S’more experience. These S’more Bars are great because they cut down on the mess…a bit Take these with you to your next outdoor picnic or enjoy them after an afternoon BBQ. In any case, book mark this recipe and come back to it when it is cold outside and you need some summertime nostalgia!
- 2 cups graham crackers, finely ground
- 1 stick (8tbs) butter, melted
- 1 stick (8tbs) butter
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp milk or cream
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9x13 in pan
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter
- Press into the bottom and sides (optional) of the pan
For the brownies:
- Melt butter and chocolate chips in the microwave on high for 1 minutes.
- Remove and stir together. If the choc/butter mixture is not completely melted, put back in microwave for 30 sec.
- Add eggs and sugar and whisk together.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and whisk together to mix.
- Add milk and stir until combined.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until a tooth pick is inserted and comes out clean.
- Immediately upon removing the brownies from the oven, sprinkle on the marshmallows.
- Allow to melt slightly for about 10 minutes on the hot brownies.
- Turn your broiler on high.
- Once brownies have sat, put the pan under the broiler to toast marshmallows.
- Broil until toasted, about 2 minutes, but watch carefully!
- Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting.
- Accompany with a large glass of milk...mandatory!
This entry was posted in Bars
and tagged bar
. Bookmark the permalink