Pressed for time but looking for a delicious meal? Get out your Instant Pot and make this Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken! It’s easy to make and is perfect for leftovers.
I bought an Instant Pot a few months ago and have been loving it so far. The Instant Pot makes one-pot meals a breeze, and pressure cooking is a fantastic way to cut down on cook time. You can even do crazy things like cook chicken completely from frozen in the Instant Pot! Doing so requires an increase in time under pressure, of course, but I love the convenience aspect of it.
For this recipe, however, you’ll use thawed chicken along with a variety of delicious seasonings and spices like garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and brown sugar. The result is a sweet and spicy chicken that tastes amazing when served over a bed of jasmine rice. It makes for a perfect weeknight meal when you’re craving Chinese food but want a quick and easy meal at home.
Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken Tips
Tip #1: The chicken can be diced before cooking if desired instead of shredding. If you do this, adjust the cooking time to 8 minutes.
Tip #2: This dish is delicious served over steamed jasmine rice.
Tip #3: Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken is a fantastic leftovers or meal prep recipe. It freezes great if you want to make a large batch to enjoy over time.
Tip #4: If you want to make this recipe gluten-free, just replace the soy sauce with a gluten-free alternative such as coconut aminos or gluten-free tamari soy sauce.
Another Instant Pot Recipe
If you like Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken, try my Instant Pot Pasta- Five Cheese Ziti recipe! It’s another quick and easy meal thanks to the “magic” of the Instant Pot.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons jarred minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 oz sliced carrots coins
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Add chicken breast to electric pressure cooker
- Whisk together broth, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic and ginger
- Pour over chicken in pressure cooker
- Top with sliced carrot coins
- Close and seal pressure cooker and set to 13 minutes high pressure
- (per manufacturer instructions)
- Allow 10 minute natural pressure release when done, then perform quick release
- Remove carrots to separate bowl
- Remove chicken to a large bowl and shred using two forks
- Meanwhile, turn pressure cooker to sauté and allow sauce to come to a simmer
- Whisk together cornstarch with equal amount of water until smooth
- Stir into sauce and let simmer 2-3 minutes until thickened
- Add chicken and carrots back into pot and stir to serve
Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onions, if desired.
Chicken can be diced before cooking if desired instead of shredding. Adjust cooking time to 8 minutes. Delicious served over steamed jasmine rice.