Spring has officially begun, thank goodness. You know, those 2 days out of the year that San Diego gets rain is overwhelming, and the three months out of the year that we have to endure harsh 60 degree weather is depressing. Don’t get too jealous, we Californians pay a hell of a “sunshine tax”.
So join me in celebrating Spring, future pool days, and bountiful garden harvests (I already have about 10 mini spaghetti squash!). These lime bars are the perfect balance between sweet and tart, and would make a perfect addition to your Easter menu.
Tequila Coconut Lime Cream Bars
Adapted from Martha Stewart’s Pistachio Lime Bar Recipe
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup graham-cracker crumbs (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoons grated lime zest
- 2 large egg yolks (save your whites for a batch of French Macarons!)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp tequila
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp grated lime juice