Yule Log Cake
Yule Log or Bûche de Noël is a traditional French Christmas cake with a sponge-like texture that’s moist and delicious.
- Eggs - Regular White Sugar - Vegetable Oil - Dark Cocoa Powder - Flour
See Full Ingredients
Yule Log Cake is made with mascarpone cocoa whipped cream and covered in chocolate ganache, this cake is a festive delight.
Preheat and prep
- First, preheat your oven to 350°F. Then, spray your 15x10 inch jelly roll pan with baking spray. Line the jelly roll pan with parchment paper for a seamless release.
Mix dry cake ingredients
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl.
Beat the egg whites
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the egg whites with a pinch of salt and beat on high speed for 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
Beat the yolks and sugar
- In another bowl, beat your egg yolks, sugar and vanilla for 3-4 minutes or until it is pale and thickened.
Fold egg whites and yolks together
- Using your rubber spatula, fold the whipped egg whites into the egg yolk mixture until incorporated.
Swipe up for full recipe!
CHRISTMAS PINWHEEL COOKIES
SIMPLE RED VELVET SPRINKLE CHRISTMAS CAKE