This giveaway has now ended. Thank you to everyone who participated!
I recently joined a local Meetup group that goes to local and sometimes private farms to harvest fresh, in season produce. This past weekend we visited a local satsuma tangerine and blood orange orchard farmed by a very witty Italian man who reminded me of my grandfather. I will go more into the farm in an upcoming post.
I had been craving a “Starbucks” style lemon pound cake for a while now. This cake was everything that I craved and more. It is dense, moist, with a sweet tangy bite. Then, it is topped with a tarty yet sweet blood orange glaze and finished with sugar preserved lemon and tangerine slices and sprinkled with pomegranates. What more could you ask for, right?!
I used Pure Lemon Extract from Nielsen-Massey to give the cake the sweet lemon flavor, just like at Starbucks. Let’s talk about these products for a second. I love them. I have been using the Vanilla Bean Paste for years. It is perfect for buttercreams, crème brûlée, or just about anything that you need a vanilla bean. I love seeing the little brown specs of vanilla bean!!!! Guess what!??!? Nielsen-Massey has generously offered to give you some too!!! More on the specifics at the end of the post.
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 bar (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Lemon Extract
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed tangerine juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 Blood Orange Juice
- 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously coat one bundt pan or two loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Add lemon extract, tangerine juice, and zest and mix until combined.
- Slowly mix in flour and salt.
- Pour into baking pan and tap lightly to remove air bubbles.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan.
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth and pour over cooled cake.
Now for the Giveaway!!!!! Nielsen-Massey has generously offered to give these incredible baking extracts and vanilla bean paste to one of my lucky readers! You have until 11 pm Sunday February 10th, 2013 to enter. Winner will be announced on Monday February 11th, 2012. Winner will have 3 days to respond with their address.
There are a few ways to enter:
- Subscribe to The Seaside Baker website by adding your email to the upper right of the page.
- Like The Seaside Baker on Facebook
- Follow The Seaside Baker on Pinterest
- Comment on your favorite extract flavor
Once you have done one or all of these things, please comment below letting me know. I will count each item as an entry!!!!
Nielsen-Massey sent me these products to review, however all opinions are my own.