I received compensation and information and/or free product from The Hershey Company and/or Collective Bias. All opinions expressed within are my own.
Lunches this year have been quite the challenge. At the kid’s old school, hot lunch was so inexpensive that it just made sense to have them buy it. Now having moved to private school, hot lunch is catered by a restaurant and charges a whooping $7.00 per lunch!! Needless to say, I now make their lunch every day. The problem is that they get tired of the snacks REALLY quickly! That’s where Reese’s Spreads step in!
The basis of their lunch always includes a healthy salad and a piece of fruit, but to make lunches more fun (and to keep them from complaining that they can’t buy lunch) I always include a fun snack. My kids absolutely love the nostalgic flavors of peanut butter, so I was pretty stoked to find the new Reese’s Spreads at Walmart! These Reese’s Spreads Granola Bars are one of their favorite homemade snacks. Reese’s Spreads is a perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter flavors in spreadable form, and makes a flavorful binding ingredient to the recipe!
Based on the iconic Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, new Reese’s Spreads will make snacking even more delicious by adding the unique, one-of-a-kind combination of chocolate and peanut butter flavors to any food, anytime, anywhere.
If I plan on using the delicious jar for a recipe though, I have to hide it first. Because, from toast to waffles, apples and bananas to pretzels and vanilla wafers, the new spread brings endless opportunities to enjoy the distinct taste that only Reese’s provides.
Enjoy an authentic Reese’s experience in a new and enticing way!
Make sure to visit one of the stores here try the new REESE’S Spreads paired with apples the weekend of November 13th – 16th, 2014, and make sure to enter the giveaway at the bottom of this post!
- 1 2/3 cups quick rolled oats
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts (any kind)
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup Reese's Spreads
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) melted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x9 inch pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a blender, process 1/3 cup of oats until flour like.
- In the bowl of your mixer, combine oats, oat flour, sugar and salt.
- Add chopped nuts, mini chocolate chips, and coconut to the blender bowl and mix with oat mixture.
- In a separate bowl, melt butter.
- Once melted, add peanut butter and Reese’s Spread, vanilla, honey and corn syrup to butter mixture and mix.
- Mix wet mixture with dry mixture until completely combined.
- Press granola bar mixture into pan and bake for 50 minutes.
- Cool completely before slicing.
- Slice into 10 bars and drizzle with melted Reese’s Spreads and sprinkle with nuts.