A couple of weeks ago I attended the opening of Grocery Outlet in El Cajon, CA. It was a brand new beautiful store that offered tons of amazing deals.
The reason Grocery Outlet can offer such amazing deals is because they buy product that has promotional packaging, misprinted packed items, or items made for the outlets. Unlike most stores, Grocery Outlet is able to negotiate low prices because they buy their lots with cash. These low prices are then passed on to us! But what this also means is that if you see a rock bottom priced item, stock up! I love going to Grocery Outlet for items like chocolate chips because they are almost always cheaper than other stores for the quality brands.
Grocery Outlet honors our military everyday by providing them with a military discount. They also offer veteran and family parking. They truly are a company that gives back to their community!
Among many things that the lovely Grocery Outlet staff sent me home with, I got a delicious bag of red quinoa. My husband had been asking me for quite some time to make Tabbouleh and this was the perfect opportunity! This is a great salad for summer!
The kind people from Grocery Outlet would like to offer one of my readers a $50 gift card to experience their low prices! Contest will run from today until Monday, June 9th, 2014. Winner will be chosen by random and notified via email on June 10th, 2014. Good luck!
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tomato , diced
- 1 cucumber , diced
- 3 peppers , red, green and orange, diced
- 1 cup fresh parsley , chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint , chopped
- Bring 2 cups of water and 1/2 teaspoon salt to boil in a medium sized pan.
- Once boiling, add red quinoa, stir.
- Cook for five minutes then cover and remove from heat. Let sit for about 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and let cool.
- Dice tomatoes, peppers, and cucumber.
- Add to quinoa.
- Mix in lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Stir in chopped herbs.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.