As my previous posts suggest, I love giving homemade treats to people for the holidays. I have always said that baking is a labor of love. Homemade goodies are my personal way of showing people how much I care about them!
Since I have quite a few friends who are gluten free, I always put aside a day just to bake for them. Up until this year, I always felt that the items were just meh. No matter what I did, they always had a grainy texture. Now I know that this is common in GF baked goods, but it is not my cup of tea!
This year however I was sooooo excited to gift my Gluten-Free cookie platters because I was so impressed with the results! Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour makes it easy to transform traditional recipes to gluten free. Simply follow your favorite baking recipe, replacing the wheat flour with this extraordinary blend. There was no residual graininess in the cookies and they were even chewy!
It is perfectly formulated for baked goods with terrific taste and texture – no additional specialty ingredients or custom recipes required. This flour combines finely ground brown rice flour, sweet white rice flour, whole grain sorghum flour, potato starch, and tapioca flour with a touch of xanthan gum—just enough xanthan gum to create chewy cookies and springy muffins.
The protein in the sorghum flour helps give baked goods an almost wheat-like texture and aids in browning, for those times you need a perfectly golden brown chocolate chip cookie. Use this blend for cookies, cakes, brownies.
I love Bob’s Red Mill flours and use them daily. Their flours are made with quality and their business practices are those to be proud of…A family company that I personally want to help support! Oh and did I ever tell you that I actually met Bob at an expo? He is just as sweet in person as he looks on that packages!!! Make sure to stock up on the flours now- and use this coupon to save even more!
- 3/4 cup butter , softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Extra sugar for rolling
- Using a beater or stand mixer, blend butter and sugar until combined.
- Add molasses and egg and beat until blended, scraping down the bowl at leaf once.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture until just combined.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour before baking.
- Once cold, roll dough into 1 inch circle.
- Coat dough balls in sugar and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.