So to continue on with our Homemade Holiday Series, I introduce you to these Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Bites. Festive and delicious, these little gems are perfect for gift giving and holiday entertaining! Not only that, they are extremely simple to make!
Creamy peanut butter filling is sandwiched between two salty and oh so buttery Town House Crackers, then generously dipped in milk chocolate and garnished with Christmas sprinkles. Like I said, simple and delicious.
I love using Townhouse crackers for these treats because of their slight saltiness. Combined with the peanut butter and chocolate, it is a salty sweet treat! These crackers are our go to box for everything. From snacking to dipping, they are fantastic! We are purists here and generally stick to the original flavor, however while at Target last week I branched out and bought the Townhouse Pita and Pretzel boxes. We may just have a new favorite on our hands!
I wanted to add a simpler treat to the Homemade Holiday Series. These are great because they can be made with the littles, made last minute, or made in advance!
Make sure to pack some up for Santa!
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter , softened
- 1 package Town House Crackers
- 1 ½ cups melting chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter or Crisco
- Using a mixer, beat together peanut butter, powdered sugar, and softened butter until smooth.
- Place mixture in a Ziploc bag.
- Clip off the corner and pipe onto each cracker.
- Place second cracker on peanut butter filling and gently sandwich together.
- Freeze or refrigerate sandwiched crackers for at least 30 minutes.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat melting chocolate for 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave and stir in coconut butter or Crisco until smooth.
- If chocolate still is not completely melted, return to microwave for 10 second increments, stirring in between.
- Carfully dip each cracker sandwich and place on a waxed paper lined baking sheet.
- Allow them to dry completely.
- Once dry, take the remainder of the chocolate (you may need to heat it again for 10 seconds) and place in a small Ziploc bag. Clip the corner and drizzle over chocolate covered crackers.
- Garnish with sprinkles.