Balsamic Strawberry Tiramisu-No Bake!
I am a sucker for good deals, and tend to stock up a bit too much. Now this is great for items that have a long shelf life, however for items such as produce, not so much. That’s why when awesome sales come along like Whole Foods Market’s one day only sale on organic strawberries, I quickly go through my repertoire of recipes to use the items on. This was perfect!
The perfect dessert for a hot summer day. Why you ask, well not only is it light and refreshing, but it is a NO BAKE dessert. Double Score. It also is fairly quick to assemble. Now we have talked about the amazing results to adding balsamic vinegar here and here, but I will reiterate it again. Balsamic vinegar brings out this amazing sweetness from the strawberries, leaving no residual balsamic flavor. Trust me on this. It works wonders!
Balsamic Strawberry Tiramisu
- 1 package Lady Fingers
- 12 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups diced strawberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Dice your strawberries and place in bowl.
- Combine sugar, strawberries, and balsamic vinegar in the bowl and set aside.
- Allow to marinate for at least an hour.
- In the bowl of your mixer, combine mascarpone cheese, heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix until combined and smooth (about 30 seconds).
- Line a 9x4 1/2 (standard size) loaf pan with saran wrap.
- Place on layer of Lady Finger cookies on the bottom the the pan.
- Spread 1 1/4 cup of the diced strawberries (and juice) over the Lady Fingers.
- Spread half of the mascarpone mixture on top of the strawberries.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours but preferably overnight.
- Remove tiramisu from pan and slice and serve. Garnish with mint leaf.