While we were in Austin in June, we drank our fair share of grapefruit cocktails. It has no become our Friday night tradition! We have also acquired an obsession with Tito’s Vodka.
The cocktail is slightly tart, yet a tad sweet due to the simple syrup. With the added mint leaves, it is extremely refreshing and great for a hot summer day.
But be careful, these go down very easily or have your aspirin bottle ready!! These are also great in non-alcoholic form!
Fresh Grapefruit and Mint Cocktails
- 2 cups freshly squeezed Grapefruit juice (about 5 grapefruits)
- 2 tbsp Wholesome Sweetners Organic Sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- Grapefruit for garnish
- In a small sauce pan, bring sugar and water to a simmer.
- Add grapefruit juice and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, add ice and your desired amount of vodka to each glass.
- Add 4 mint leaves to each glass.
- Pour Grapefruit sugar juice into each glass and stir to combine.
- Garnish with more mint and a slice of fresh grapefruit.